Friday, March 15, 2013

Cure (Strandville Zombie Series) Book 1 By Belinda Frisch

Synopsis: Medicine meets horror in this thrilling escape tale about the evil men do in the name of progress.

Welcome to the Nixon Healing and Research Center, playground for the maniacal Dr. Howard Nixon whose medical research has him dabbling in the undead and has the women of Strandville disappearing.

Desperate to find a cure for the lethal virus which turns its victims into zombies, Nixon kidnaps Miranda Penton, a security recruit with a past that won't let her go. He doesn't count on anyone coming looking for her, least of all her ex-husband, Scott.

A warning call brings Scott to Strandville where he bands together with a team of locals determined to bring their own loved ones home. Together, they infiltrate Nixon's staff, hatching a plan that releases not only the surviving women, but the virus on those left in the hospital.

Nixon locks down the center to contain the spread, turning patients, visitors, and staff into a dangerous horde that is almost impossible to escape. Miranda and the others fight for their lives. The town of Strandville is ground zero for the zombie apocalypse and Miranda must get free because the fate of humanity lies with her unborn child


My Thoughts: This is an amazingly well written thriller/zombie/medical drama. I was enthralled in this book and  could not put it down. I have tried reading zombie fiction and so much of it is the same story. But this one is different and so much more. It is smart, clever, detail and rich in characters. It is a classic horror story. It was so descriptive it really felt like I was trapped there too. I really enjoyed this book and was excited to see there is a sequel.I highly recommend this to any horror or zombie fiction fan.  

Rating: 
4 1/2 out of 5.

Author Bio:


Belinda Frisch's fiction has appeared in Shroud Magazine, Dabblestone Horror, and Tales of Zombie War. She is an honorable mention winner in the Writer's Digest 76th Annual Writing Competition and her novel, CURE, is the runner-up in the General Fiction category of the 2012 Halloween Book Festival. She is the author of DEAD SPELL, PAYBACK, CURE, and AFTERBIRTH. (Books 1&2 of the Strandville Zombie Series)






Links:
Goodreads 
Blog 
Kindle 
Paperback

38 comments:

Thank you so much! I love it when a reader enjoys my books. I really appreciate it. Here are the links to "Afterbirth", the sequel, in case anyone is interested:

Kindle: http://amzn.to/YUcrsK
NOOK: http://bit.ly/VWMVaR
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/YnAhxk
Print: http://bit.ly/Zud653

Have a great weekend!

Hello mу famіly mеmbeг! I wish to sаy that
this post іs аwesome, nice wrіtten and come with аpproхіmatеly all vital infoѕ.
I would like to seе more posts liκe this . relevant internet site

Hmm iѕ anyоne еlse enсountering ргoblems with the images on thiѕ
blog loaԁіng? I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it'ѕ thе
blog. Αny feed-bасκ woulԁ be gгeatly apρreciated.

Suggested Internet site

It's awesome in support of me to have a web site, which is useful for my experience. thanks admin visit this hyperlink

Outstanding post however I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this topic?
I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more.

Thank you!

my weblog; gt stocks

Post a Comment

We love comments!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More