Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Crown of Vengeance Book 1 The Fires in Eden Series By Stephen Zimmer



















Synopsis:

On what started like many other nights ends with a strange mist covering the lives and worlds of  Janus Roland, Erika Laesig, Mershad Shahab, and others in their quiet mid size town . When finally the mist is gone they find themselves in another world one beyond their imagination.

Not understanding or knowing why this has happen they venture out in this new world of Ave. You find these people spread amongst the tribes of the Five Realms confederation. War is looming over all of the land under the influence of The Unifier who is as mysterious as  Ave is to the people who find themselves there after the mist.

My Thoughts:
Stephen Zimmer is a master of words. He creates intricate people and places that are both wondrous and exciting. Beautiful imagery and amazing characters are found in this book. His detail is amazing he writes and you read and can picture the places in the story. He is making epic fantasy as a genre rock. I will say that is one and his others are hefty reads. This one was slower for me to get into then the other series but it was worth it to read through to the end. I found myself most drawn to Janus. A man who has known loss but also is so loved by family and friends. Epic Fantasy is a genre that many try at and few really master it. I was also impressed with his ability to write female characters which I feel sometimes are not quite done justice in fantasy. You can tell that Stephen Zimmer loves epic fantasy, loves his characters and the story he is telling and this truly does show through. Wonderful fantasy book. Would recommend to anyone.This book is not to be taken lightly but it is to be taken seriously. 

 I really did enjoy this book as I said it was a little bit of a slow read for me. I give it a 4.5 out of 5. This is Book one in The Fires in Eden Series. It is followed by Dream of Legends. 

Free eBook Tuesday June 5th and Wednesday June 6th. Limited Time only Grab it while you can. 

eBook

And you can always get the paperback from the publisher and amazon and many places where books are sold. 

Paperback 

Publisher 

Facebook Fan Page 

Stephen Zimmer Facebook 

2 comments:

sounds like a good book. Would try and get my hands on this

Have a nice day!

kathy (http://www.smallkucing.com/)

Hi,

I'm a new follower. Can't wait to read more of your blog.

Morela

ihearttoystudio.com

Post a Comment

We love comments!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More