Monday, July 8, 2013

Monster on the Hill By Rob Harrell

Description

In a fantastical 1860s England, every quiet little township is terrorized by a ferocious monster -- much to the townsfolk’s delight! Each town’s unique monster is a source of local pride, not to mention tourism.
Each town, that is... except for one. Unfortunately for the people of Stoker-on-Avon, their monster isn’t quite as impressive. In fact, he’s a little down in the dumps. Can the morose Rayburn get a monstrous makeover and become a proper horror? It’s up to the eccentric Dr. Charles Wilkie and plucky street urchin Timothy to get him up to snuff, before a greater threat turns the whole town to kindling.
Monsters of all ages are sure to enjoy this tale about life’s challenges, the power of friendship, and creative redemption, packed with epic battles and plenty of wild beasts! 
Monster on the Hill
Author: Rob Harrell
ISBN: 978-1-60309-075-9
Format: 7.2″ x 9″, full color
Page Count: 192  pages
Binding: Soft-cover with French flaps
Audience: All ages (10+)
Price: $19.95
Publisher: Top Shelf Productions
Release Date: July 2013
Diamond ID: MAY131277

My thoughts:  I have been on a graphic novel kick for awhile and this one caught my attention immediately. This was a funny witty graphic novel. It was a great story with a really good message. Art was awesome. I loved Monster on the Hill. I would recommend this to anyone. It is even a good one to read to small children. But the story was funny enough to keep an adult's attention as well. Highly recommend this one. 

My Rating: 5 out of 5 

This is available for pre-order now and will be released in July.

I read this free of charge via NetGallery but all opinions are my own.  

1 comments:

This looks perfect for the kids I teach. It is one I have added to me list. Thanks!

Post a Comment

We love comments!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More