Sunday, May 29, 2011

60 Minute Money Workout Review

I recently received a free copy of the 60 Minute Money Workout by Ellie Kay from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review. I already like Ellie Kay and have read several of her books. She not only is a good, practical writer but she lives the principles she writes about. She is a mother of 7 children and has been able to live out of debt and raise her children to be debt free even including college educations.

This book tackles the problems of money management in the same way a fitness coach would approach getting healthy. She helps you walk through how to get hold of your finances by taking 60 minutes a week and working through the financial issues you may be dealing with.

My favorite chapter deals with how to teach your children to understand finances. She encourages all parents to give children an allowance even if they can only afford a very small amount. By giving our children an allowance we are equipping them with tools to help them stay out of financial pits as adults.

She also tackles the issues of debt management, building for retirement, putting your children through college without debt and building memories with vacations.

7 comments:

Great review , I do reviews too and am following you from the blog hop hope you will follow me too
http://lorialcorn2006.blogspot.com/

I love your blog background, I am your newest GFC follower from Making Friends Monday, hope you will hop by and check out my blog at kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com when you have a chance. Have a fantastic week!

Your page is so pretty! Uggh, thinking about my money. This book looks perfect though, thanks for sharing. It might help me shape up!

I'm following from the Alexa Blog Hop. Come visit me back!

Michelle @ Things Sent My Way

I am your newest follower. LOVE the site! Hope you get a chance to hop over and see me. I have lots of giveaways and deals posted. At least TEN more this week. Try to keep up! Come save money with me and get some great freebies too!
Stay Fabulous~Chara@ NothingButFabulousity

I am following you via the Memorial Day Finding New Friends Weekend blog Hop. Please stop by my blog and say hello. I am your newest GFC follower

http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com

Great review - the book sounds handy to have. Here form the hop - following and hoping you'll stop by to see my movie review -http://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/

Shah ,X

Great blog! I'm a new blogger, please visit my site!

http://starrsavings.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

We love comments!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More