Thursday, September 29, 2011

Eve by Iris Johansen

By Melissa

   Before there was my obsession to the paranormal/fantasy books, thanks to Twilight, but after my Nancy Drew/Sweet Valley phase (15 years ago), there was my murder mystery/suspense phase. During this time I read many, many books but had 3 favorite authors. Patricia Cornwell, Kathy Reichs and Iris Johansen. Now some of Iris' books can carry a slight paranormal undertone too, which is fine with me, but my favorite series of hers is the Eve Duncan series.

   Anyone who has read this series knows that the main character, Eve, has one driving force throughout all of the books. Finding information on her daughter, Bonnie, who was abducted at 6 years old. Finally, after almost a decade, Iris is coming out with a trilogy to answer the questions we, her devoted readers, have had in regards to Bonnie. I couldn't be more happy! I picked up the first in this trilogy, simply titled EVE, yesterday at 11 a.m. By 9 p.m. the book was finished. :)) I simply couldn't walk away. I have followed it for so long I had to know. Of course at the time I didn't realize it was a trilogy, I thought I'd have my answers. Thankfully though, book two, titled QUINN is already out. I will be downloading the Ebook the second my newly ordered Kindle arrives.

   If you've never read any of the Eve Duncan series I don't suggest starting with this trilogy. I suggest going back to the beginning, starting with The Face of Deception from October 1998. Like any good author of a series will do, Iris Johansen introduces characters and then spins them off into their own books. How, as an avid reader, can you not love that?! To date Iris has 22 murder mystery/suspense novels, and that doesn't even include her romance books or separate stories.

   In closing, if you're looking for an addicting new series start with Iris Johansen and follow her characters through each new harrowing, and even heart breaking, experience they run into. You won't be sorry.

"Don't worry, be happy."

5 comments:

I'll have to add this to my Goodreads list. I like to use it because otherwise I lose track of all the stuff I think I would be interested in.

I'm now following from the Weekend Gathering Hop. Nice to "meet" you.

Nice to "meet" you as well! :))

Hello, I'm following through GFC from the Weekend Gathering Hop, I actually started following a while ago. I wasn't sure if you followed back or not so I thought I would invite you just in case. Here is my link http://skylarinc.blogspot.com/. I also liked your FB page.

I'll be honest the past couple Eve Duncan novels have been kind of blah to me and I couldn't even get through them, but this book brought me back to what I originally fell in love with in the series. Love.. lust.. suspense.. I read the book in a day and am anxiously awaiting the next one. It goes into Eve's past and you start to respect and love the character even more.

It's a definite great read and even if you didn't read the past couple, particularly the last novel where we are introduced to Catherine Ling.. no worries all is explained in this one.

I am still in my murder mystery/suspense phase, but have never read any books by Iris Johansen. Your review of Eve has me intrigued, though - intrigued enough to start reading the series from the beginning.

Post a Comment

We love comments!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More