Saturday, October 22, 2011

Immortalis Carpe Noctem (Immortalis #1) by Katie Salidas

About the Book:

Explore the emotional upheaval that is the transformation from human to vampire.Bleeding to death after brutal mugging on the campus of UNLV, Twenty-five year old Alyssa, is rescued by the cold and aloof, vampire, Lysander. Taking pity on her, he shares the gift-and curse-of immortality. She awakens as a vampire and is soon devastated by harsh realities of her new way of life: An unyielding thirst for blood as well as the loss of her friends, her independence, and her humanity.
As if having her humanity stripped away was not enough to make life interesting, Alyssa finds out her "turning", did not go unnoticed by the rest of undead society. Old enemies; an ancient sect of vampire hunters, known as the Acta Sanctorum, as well as a powerful Vampire mistress, each set plans in motion to destroy both Alyssa and Lysander.
Only by accepting her new-found immortality, seizing the night, will Alyssa hope to survive. She and Lysander must fight together against two sets of enemies bent on destroying them both.

My Thoughts:

Overall this was not a bad read but it wasn't at the top of my list of favorite reads either. Alyssa was a character that I could understand and relate to on a certain level. I wish I had more of a back round story of her though. The story jumped right into her being turned into a vampire. I was hoping that as the story went along I would learn a little more about her before she was a vampire but didn't. I almost needed this information to understand her a little bit better. I got a back round for Lysander which was very helpful in understanding him.

Regardless of the character flaws the plot was enjoyable. I'm a sucker for a vampire story. There was plenty of action and some romance too. This is more of an adult novel though or older YA due to language and sexual content. I plan to read the other books in this series and look forward to learning more about the characters along the way.

Purchase this book through Amazon or Barnes and Noble

I received a copy of this book from the author for free in return for my honest review. I was not compensated in any way.

3 comments:

Interesting. We are big fans of Vampire stories. Will have to check this one out.

I am a new follower from the blog hop.

Thanks!

http://kidsaregrown.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the great review! I'm not big into vampire stories, but my husband & oldest son are.

I'm a new GFC, Facebook & Networked Blogs follower stopping by from the Lets Get Social Hop. I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog; iluvtosave.net!

Nice to meet you!

~Ola

Thank you so much for reading and reviewing my work! I appreciate your honest review!

Hugs
Katie Salidas

Post a Comment

We love comments!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More