Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Treelanders: Journey to the Giants by Stephen Beccia

About the Book:

If there ever was a beginning of a hero's life, this was it for Avry. He and Captain Slaughter's swords connected with great force. Sparks rained into the air as the swords clashed. It sill remains a wonder why the vibration didn't crack the egg open. The Treelander had never fought a pirate before, but he was trained by Prince William, one of the best swordsmen in Epalushia, and he fought without fear. His sword crashed down on Slaughter's shoulder startling the pirate. Slaughter looked stunned as he clutched his bloody shoulder. While he was distracted in pain, Willow kicked him in the leg and the egg rolled back into the water.

Where can you befriend a wizard, save a dragon from extinction, battle pirates, meet mermaids, get tricked by leprechauns, travel with unicorns, dance with faeries, join the brotherhood of knights, and tangle with evil giants?

Avry Blain and his four siblings quickly find out when they enter a forbidden land in a struggle to save their lives and the lives of the people from their village. Little do they know that an evil warlock named Kildane is sabotaging their world. Will their people succumb to the warlock's curse? 

My Thoughts:


What an amazing adventure! There were so many unique encounters throughout this story. It reminded me a little of Alice in Wonderland. Who knew you could have pirates and sea monkeys engaged in battle while you travel this mysterious land meeting leprechauns. This is a fast paced story that kept me engaged the entire time. I was always meeting someone new with a different power or magic.

I really enjoyed the plot of this book and was very surprised by the ending. I could not predict the outcome of this book at all. It definitely wasn't what I expected. The only thing that I would have liked to see done differently would be to get more true emotions out of the characters. The main characters are young but never seemed to be scared enough in my eyes. I thought that they should have been more scared at time and not so comedic.

Overall this is a good read and I would definitely recommend it to anyone seeking a little adventure in their reading.


To purchase your own copy of Treelanders: Journey to the Giants go to:

Amazon
Barnes and Noble

To learn more about Stephen Beccia:

Website
Goodreads

I received a copy of this book at no cost from the Author in return for my honest review. The opinions are my own and were not influenced by anyone else.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More