Saturday, December 10, 2011

Decision Points Review


I enjoy reading memoirs of famous people that give me a chance to see what makes them tick and how they view their life. Recently I received a copy of the book Decision Points by George W. Bush from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing. No matter where you stand in the political arena, the chance to get a first hand look at the life of a president is time well spent.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. I don't enjoy dry political rhetoric but I really enjoyed this book. Rather than a historical look at each aspect of President Bush's life, this book takes a chapter approach to different decisions that shaped his life and our country.

From the very first chapter where Bush discusses his resolve to quit drinking, the secret Thanksgiving trip to visit the troops in Iraq and the strong bond with his parents, this book gives a completely different insight to the life and thoughts of George W. Bush.


You can read the first pages here.


You can order Decision Points from Amazon or request it at your local library.

I received a copy of this book for the purpose of this review.

2 comments:

It sounds like an interesting book. Thanks.

I'm a new follower from the Blessings Blog Hop. http://dreesthings.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

We love comments!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More