Monday, November 28, 2011

Best Friends Forever: Me and My Cat: What I've Learned about Life, Love, and Faith from My Cat by Patricia Mitchell


Synopsis:
The relationships between owners and their pets go well beyond basic companionship. Not only do they develop a special bond, but people can gain insights on life, faith, and love from their cats and dogs. These heartwarming collections include 40 meditations each and draw from real-life experiences with the authors' own pets as well as those of their family and friends. From Katrina survivor Bess to the phone-answering dog Jordy, from the kitten-tending grandpa cat to the lifelong camp resident Sylvester, each reading is sure to delight, encourage, and inspire.
(Synopsis taken from Goodreads)

My Thoughts:
I thought this was a great book. I am a fellow cat lover, so I could really appreciate and identify with quite a few of the short stories in this book. Best Friends Forever: Me and My Cat was a comfort to me. I read it when my mom's cat died, and it gave me strength and hope to mourn and say goodbye to a cat that was like a member of the family. I think Gold Cat was my favorite cat in this book. I liked his take no prisoners attitude, and how he made sure everyone knew he was the leader of the cats in the neighborhood. This is a fun read full of short stories. I would reccomend this book to any cat lover, or anyone just looking for inspiration.

I give Best Friends Forever: Me and My Cat 4/5.

Want to buy this book?
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Best-Friends-Forever-Learned-About/dp/0764207741
Overstock: http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/Best-Friends-Forever-Me-and-My-Cat-What-Hardcover/4734955/product.html?cid=144053&fp=F?cid=144055&fp=F&TRACK=CSEPG&mr:referralID=fe523be0-1969-11e1-931b-001b2166c2c0
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/best-friends-forever-patricia-mitchell/1103087086?ean=9780764207747&itm=1&usri=best+friends+forever+me+and+my+cat

I recieved this book for review and was in no way compensated for this review.

Reviewed by: Kayla Merritt

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More